Thursday, January 30, 2014

This Stinks

I know we've done a lot of sunshine-and-roses-type posts, where we've shared some challenges, but ended with an overwhelming dose of optimism and faith.

That stuff is true. And, it's totally how we feel.

But, sometimes things are also downright hard, and it's a real struggle to find the sunshine or optimism for a little bit.

Tonight is the first night in over 14 years that I've slept in my own house, but my cat wasn't there with me.

I'm not gonna lie - it's really hard.

We got him as an eight-week-old kitten when we'd been married less than four months. He's been through the addition of five pets to our family, four moves, three kids, two life-threatening accidents, and a whole lot more.

He was family, you know?

Now I find myself shedding some tears about the situation, and he's not here to comfort me (like he's always been there before). I'm struggling to not second guess whether we made the right choice about where he should go, and who he should go with, and when he should go.

BUT...

We prayed about it, and really felt a strong witness and confirmation that we made the right choice.  Still, sometimes even right choices can be awfully hard to make and follow through with.

I am holding on to the promise that God sees and cares for even the sparrows of the field, so I know He's watching out for my buddy Charles, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment