Thursday, June 12, 2014

Life Changer

Have you ever had a life changing moment?  One that changes the way you look at everything. One that you know every time you look back, you’ll say, “That was the moment..."

If you are like me, you have had several of them.  The normal ones -getting my own place the first time, giving my life to Jesus, when the kids were born, getting married. But I believe the biggest change of my life was in February of 2013.

If you want to burst your bubble on everything you believe, go on a mission trip.  Not just any mission trip though.  Many people go on ones that are kind of like a vacation. No, go on one where they work you.  Where you get to visit the local churches and talk to the local people.  Our trip was six days. We only really got a half day of recreation.  By then I was so brusied up from carrying buckets of rock and sand that I needed it!

The picture above is of the group that Andrea and I went with. (Andrea is taking the picture).  They are all from our church, but except for the Pastor, we didn’t really know any of them before the trip. (We were pretty new to our church).  Because of our experiences together, these people will always be in my heart.

I have a bond with them that I don’t think could ever be broken.

This picture was when we arrived in Guatemala City. We looked a little more disheveled going out!

I had gotten bogged down in a normal life.  Before the trip, I came home a lot of nights and thought, "Is this it?" That's sad for someone who has been blessed with so much.  After the trip, my life in Christ has been renewed.  The purpose of everything has changed.  I look to the future with hope and excitement.

So, do you want a changed life?  Do you want to help people in eternal ways?  Do you want relationships that are forged from a love for Christ?  Do you want to be renewed?

Go on a mission trip.  Who knows, it may change you so much that you forsake your current life to completely live for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment