Sunday, June 8, 2014

Two Roads

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, 
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler...
...I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.
Boy, golly - I totally understand how Robert Frost felt when he penned those words! We are at a point in our lives where I feel like I'm standing at the head of two very different paths. Of course, we've already chosen to take the one that leads us to Guatemala.

I guess you could call that 'less traveled'. And, I believe with all of my heart that it will make an enormous difference - not only in our lives, and the lives of our children, but also in the lives and eternities of those we will help while we're there.

Yet, for these few moments (weeks) before we firmly plant our feet (Jeep tires) on the actual path headed south, I keep finding myself wondering what would lie ahead on the other path. What family gatherings (both the momentous and mundane) lie just around the next corner? Parties? Weekend trips? Church services? Side paths? Promotions? New friendships? Oh - the possibilities that might be ahead if we chose to step out on that path!

It is a good path.  It is smoother, and a lot easier to navigate than the other.  I'm sure it leads to very good things, and is enormously appealing.

Nevertheless, it is not the path for us.

So, even as I daydream about what our lives would be like if we chose the wider, more worn way, the road less traveled by is calling my name. And, I can't wait to see what lies in store for us there.







No comments:

Post a Comment