Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Science, the Bible, and Truth



I would like to first start out and say that I am a complete Bible believer.  I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, and is perfect.

I also would like to say I am a full believer in science.  It was my major in college, even though I didn't graduate.  In my last career I had to use a lot of chemistry and biology to do my job.  I also try to stay on top of science news by reading articles. The ones that interest me most are about evolution.
 
 I believe the Bible.  Many people, friends mostly, will argue and say the Bible has been proven to be wrong or science now explains everything.  And that is the problem.  Science has not explained everything.

Science is not all knowing.  There are many things being discovered today that go against or change even recent scientific ideas. 

My example of this would be the reef that was just discovered in Brazil.  It is 600 miles long.  600 MILES!  And it was only discovered this year.  Europeans came to Brazil in the 1500's, and there were indigenous people before that, and no one had found it. 

If scientist are only discovering a 600 mile long reef now, why would I trust them to know exactly how the world was made, or how long we have left on this earth?

This is what I would say to science - prove things completely.  Don't do one experiment and say, "See, this shows God doesn't exist," and then the experiment is not re-testable or refutable by other scientists.

It is often brought up that people like me don't believe in some science because of the Bible.  But here's the thing, no one believes the world is flat anymore. Everyone knows that sickness is caused by germs, and the sun does not revolve around the sun. Even Christians believe in scientific things that have been absolutely proven.

So before you call me stupid, ignorant, or dumb for believing the Bible over science, maybe you should make sure you have at least turly discovered everything about this world before telling me there is no world after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment