Thursday, October 2, 2014

Uncomfortable

I am going to talk about the thing no one likes to talk about.  Not me. Not you. Only sadists.

That topic is money.

Now, I could go on about how much we need your support to do the work God is calling us to do, or how much things have cost so far to give you a better idea of our needs. But honestly, the only thing I want to say in this blog is:  THANK YOU.

Thank you for supporting us.  I would imagine if you are reading this you are supporting us somehow, either through prayer of financial support.  (Most people don't read blogs they don't have a stake in.)

Everyday I wake up and thank the Lord that He brought me to this place.  I know I have been homesick. I've had had to put up with cold showers. I get terrible headaches just from trying to understand what is going on around me. I've had an upset stomach for almost two weeks, and many other such things. Yet, it has all been good.

I would rather be here than anywhere else.  When I think of going back to the USA - to a normal life - and I just can't see myself happy there.  God is not done with me yet here.  I do not believe I have even scratched the surface of what God wants for me here.

So, thank you for supporting us.

If you have not contributed to us financially but you have had an unction to do so, I would recommend it.  We still give to other missionaries that God has put on our heart, and I have never regretted giving.

If you are friends and do not give to us, don't worry about it! This is between you and God.  We have no expectations from our friends.  We have many missionary friends that we do not contribute to because God has not laid them on our hearts, and it does not affect our friendship.

One final note: if you are feeling like you are supposed to give to a missionary, but do not feel it is us, let us know.  We have a missionary friend in Yemen who is sacrificing a LOT to be there, and she is definitely doing God's work.  Email us at farriersoffaith@yahoo.com  to get her information if you feel this would be a good fit for you.

Once again - thank you for everything, I feel like the luckiest person in the world to be able to do live this life. Thanks for making it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment