Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Guatemala - Tuesday Night

It's 8:00. Is it bedtime yet!? :)

After I last wrote, we headed to David and Mirza's and had a WONDERFUL supper of barbequed chicken, green beans and corn, and mashed potatoes. I feel like I should be losing a ton of weight with how hard I'm working, but I also know how well we're eating, so I'm hoping it will just balance out.

When we had finished stuffing our faces, I had a good chance to chat with Dick and Sharon about plans for the rest of the week (including the market!) and things to keep in mind while planning our move.

After we were all so stuffed that we were ready for bed, we drove downtown and explored the area a little bit. We enjoyed seeing the inside of the Catholic church (epecially the dog that wandered inside), looked at the government building and peeked through the gate at the beautiful courtyard, and enjoyed milkshakes and hot cocoa at a rooftop cafe overlooking the park downtown.

It was a lovely evening, and a great end to the day. BUT,  we're alll so worn out that I think the highlight of the evening for all of us was when we got back to the hotel and got to get into our beds!

I'm doing some prep work for the classes I get to teach, and then I'll be off to dreamland. Hoping the diesel trucks wait until at least 5:30 before they get noisy tomorrow morning.

akf






No comments:

Post a Comment